Her lawyers said she “never witnessed” anyone shoot live rounds with these guns, “nor would she permit that.” The statement read, “They were locked up every night and at lunch and there’s no way a single one of them was unaccounted for or being shot by crew members.”
As for Baldwin, he has previously addressed the on-set shooting by mourning the death of his colleague.
“There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours. I’m fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred,” he tweeted on Oct. 22.
The comedian shared, “I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”
When asked for comment on reports of an alleged walkout among crew members on set, production company Rust Movie Productions, LLC said in a statement to E! News that it was “not made aware of any official complaints concerning weapon or prop safety on set.” The company said it will conduct “an internal review” of its procedures while production is shut down.
E! News has reached out to Davis, Baldwin and Rust Movie Productions for comment on Davis’ post. The Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to investigate the incident and no charges have been filed.